3/23/08

Woman Raised from the Dead

"I came back, because it was the will of God for me to live with my children. But I would be very happy to go back there. Now I have seen when a Christian dies, he goes to a better place…"

Fatuma Shubisa, an Ethiopian mother-of-nine fell sick and, after some time, she was found to have passed away by her mother who had come to care for her.

There was great mourning in the small village of Alelu, as Fatuma's death was made known among friends and family members. But word of Fatuma's passing also reached the ears of a Christian missionary named Warsa Buta, who was in the area. Buta sought out the deceased woman. A non-Christian crowd gathered as the missionary continued to pray over Fatuma's sheet-covered body. They asked, "Why is this man praying over a dead body?"

Warsa Buta relates what happened next, "I prayed as Peter prayed. 'Fatuma, be raised. I ask you in the name of the Lord. Come to life.' When I prayed that prayer - 'Fatuma, rise in the name of Jesus' - she sat up in the bed."

It had been 12 hours since Fatuma had died.

"…Immediately I found myself in my body," explained Fatuma, "I sat up in my bed and started asking, 'What is this? What's happening? What's going on?'

During the time she was deceased, Fatuma apparently experienced some wonderful glimpses of Heaven, and of family members who had gone before, which she talks about on a CBN video report.

Watch the video

No comments: